Thursday, February 5, 2015

Web Rocket vs VW


I really didn't have such good luck with the VWF website. It was a lot of loading, and it was weird that the demos that warned you that it will take long to load worked the best.  I didn't like the movement of the camera either. Web Rocket at least allows you to move in a circle, where as VWF only allowed you movements left, right, moving forward, and backwards. Web Rocket also allows you to see your avatar, where VWF does not. Overall, I found the graphics in VWF to be clearer and way more detailed. In the Command Center screenshots below, each computer had it's own background with a different webpage up, and it looked almost real.
I'm sure that the VWF download has many more features to it. Right now for me, I see potential in the website, but it was not working well when I tried to use it. It was difficult to enter even one of the virtual worlds that they offered in the demo section. I had to opt out on the last virtual world because nothing would load. I tried up to 8 times for each of the top two worlds, and they were giving me errors, both in chrome, and in safari.

These are from bzflag






These are from the Command Center.






I kept waiting to enter these worlds, or I entered but nothing appeared, and gave me error messages.






No comments:

Post a Comment