Thursday, April 30, 2015

Final Project: Local Old Boston Statehouse

I started building my Old State House in Boston - the 12 x 39 blocks squared are the units I used from class.



I had to clear the land


An aerial view of my land


The 39x12 dimension layout


Started building my walls up


Some more...


And more...


Finally done!


Started on the front windows. I tried to capture the sandstone colored window pane 


Started building the grey roof


And the tower on top on the roof


Next the windows on the side of the buildings. 


All the windows, and the door with the steps leading inside.


The picture that I used to create my minecraft replica. 


This is apart of my Final Project. I had to build a structure in MineCraft that looked like the Old State House in Boston. I used the brick for the entire building, then the stone, some sandstone, and clear glass for the rest of the building. It took a long time to build up all the walls, but once that was done, it wasn't' too difficult to make it look comparable to the actual building. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://immersiveeducation.org/@/bc


No comments:

Post a Comment